Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas and More

So I lied...I haven't been great at updating, but I have been extremely, extremely busy. Of course I'll start my post about Madeline. We are definitely going through a "stage." A stage of screaming rampages. I even took her BACK to the doctor last weekend to make sure she didn't have an ear infection...she's perfectly healthy....AGAIN. I'm sure our pediatrician thinks I'm totally OTT. But, I'd rather be safe than sorry. The screaming rampages are getting better now. They're only happening when we are trying to put her down for a nap. For about 10 days, it was ALL day long. So, perhaps this little stage is about to end?!?! And naps are lasting only 15 minutes long. We are getting much of a break!

Other than that, she's been just adorable. She's mastered tummy time, found a new octave in coos, laughing daily, grabbing more, etc. She has rolled over a few times in the past week, but I'm not going to really count them until she's doing it consistently. All the smiles and laughs just melt my heart. I've got her on a new nighttime schedule. We're attempting to go to bed at 8:30pm...which means I'm also having to go to bed early. I'm hoping she'll start going 12 hours at night instead of the 10 I've been getting. Although, I'm not sure that's going to take. But, I'll try it out!

She is still in newborn clothing, but she's outgrowing the legs! So, I'm going to have to transition her to 0-3 months even though they are huge elsewhere. Poor girl!

I think I also might attempt rice cereal this weekend. She's been wanting to eat more, and I don't think it's a growth spurt, but rather her tummy just not being satisfied by the thin Alimentum formula. I ordered a pro biotic blend, so I'm hoping she doesn't have any issues with it. I'll start giving her a bowl (not bottle, no longer recommended), at dinner. Which means, we get to set her high chair up!

We had a great Christmas with both of our families and Madeline did very well. I didn't realize how much work it really is to do Christmas Day dinner, but wow, I'm still exhausted. And, my family cooked the majority of the food. We had enough to feed around 40, instead of the 10 of us here. Madeline received tons of cute stuff!

I'm not going to do a year end review this year since, well, we didn't do much. I was pregnant, had Madeline, and that's about it. Of course, it was the most significant year or our lives. We are so blessed to have such a precious little angel.

Not much is in store for 2013. We are both in a friend's Florida wedding in October, and we are hoping to make it into a vacation. Madeline will not be in attendance, but staying with my parents. It's too much to travel with a baby...with everything you have to bring, rent, etc. Plus, additional expenses. For us, at least. Tommy and I have both agreed that we won't be taking Madeline on any trips within the next year. We have family that we'd love to see, but for the majority of them, it's easier for them to fly up here then us going down. I think some people underestimate how difficult it is to drive/fly with a non-easy going baby, too. So, it's just not even an option at this point. Gosh, it's an obstacle for me just to take her to the pediatrician or up the street to Target! I'm sure the small outings will get better in the next couple of months, though. I can't imagine a trip. So that's that, and hopefully everyone (as I'm sure they will) will be understanding and respectful.

Okay, enough blabber. Here's the photos:



Pooped with Poppy

I love my Sophie the Giraffe who we have renamed "Jo-Jo"

I no longer need a pillow!



Gammy and Poppy




No comments:

Post a Comment