Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Fun

We've had a lot of fun the past few days. Madeline went to a pumpkin patch with Gammy and Poppy, has been visited by Uncle Bran, and Gammy and Poppy are on vacation (a stay-cation) all week. At the end of the week, a very close family friend is coming to visit from Texas, so we are super exited.

Tommy has also decided to quit smoking (yay), however the past week has been "Tyrant Tommy Week." I laugh, but I know he's been miserable, extremely cranky, and frustrated. Today was better. It'll be a week tomorrow cigarette free. I'm proud of him, despite the toddler like temper tantrums. They should really send smokers to rehab for quitting. Or, perhaps, put them in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Madeline's doing better. We've had a few tantrums here and there, but she's in a better mood. The one nap is starting to get easier and we're getting into the groove of a new routine. The only thing that I hate about the one nap is that we actually have less time during the day to run errands, go to the park, outings, because of traffic around here. We'll manage, but it's still irritating. Her molars still haven't broken through, so I don't know what's up with them. They're so close!

We have Mommy and Me tomorrow and my parents both get to go, so that's exciting. It's fun getting to see them everyday this week. We do see them every Saturday/Sunday, too, which is wonderful. Gammy got to babysit Madeline this morning while I went to a dentist appointment. I can't wait until they are retired, but they're still very young and have a bit before that.

Connie (family friend visiting) arrives on Thursday. I know on Saturday we are going to go to a Pumpkin Fest on the downtown square. Hopefully, we'll have enough time. We are going to attempt morning...we'll see how that goes. I'm sure shopping, eating, and margaritas will also be on the agenda as well. I can't wait to see her...it's been years.

Here are a few photos from the past couple of days:














No comments:

Post a Comment