Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Plague

It's been a few weeks without an update with good reason. Tommy, Madeline, and I all had the stomach flu, Madeline had pneumonia, and I had some sorta infection lingering from the flu. We are all well for the most part now. Madeline's poor nose is running like a faucet and Tommy and I still have colds. Two of Madeline's molars also have broken through...and any day on the other two now. Madeline had to go on Amoxicillian, and she has her 15 month check up tomorrow. They are still going to proceed with her shots as long as she doesn't have a fever. So, it's been a rough couple of weeks. Madeline was in great spirits today, and it was good to see she's getting back to her normal self. 

I've gotten 98% of my Christmas shopping complete! Yay. I love Christmas shopping, but also like to get it done before retail shops get crazy. I do a majority online (for Madeline in particular), but still do a few brick and mortar stores. I'm contemplating putting up the tree this weekend. Yes, I know I'm crazy...but since Thanksgiving falls so late this year, and we are going to have people in town every weekend (yay) up until Christmas..I've gotta get done at some point! So, yes, I might just be the crazy Christmas lady this year...but I don't care. 

I'm trying to think of what else has happened since my last update, minus all the illness. OH! Tommy got a big promotion, so that's great news. So far he's loving his new job, although he's a bit tired. I'm trying to teach Madeline how to jump...she's close. It's cute watching her try to do it. She's trying so hard to talk. No new words. That's actually something I need to speak with the pediatrician about tomorrow. I'm not worried since she's so far ahead in everything else. Plus, I can ask her to go grab whatever and she knows what it is..or ask her to do something and she will do it..so I know she hasn't quite figured out the pronunciation aspect. Nonetheless, I still need to mention her lack of words to the doctor. I'm sure she will be talking our ears of in the next few months.

I'm so behind on all my normal stuff, so this weekend will be catch up time, plus Christmas decorating, and perhaps some baking. Here are some pics from the past few weeks of Miss Madeline:

I love climbing the stairs

Park Fun

Add caption



Silly Girl





15 Months Today




No comments:

Post a Comment