Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm Back!

Whew. It's been a super busy past couple of months, but thankfully, things are finally starting to settle down. I have so much to update on here, I have no idea where to start. I'm going to start blogging again regularly.

I'll start with the house. We're all moved in and settled. We only have one project left - cleaning out our garage which looks like a war zone. We''ll try to get it done within the next month or so.

On June 9th, we had our baby shower, hosted by Michelle and Aunt Sandee. OMG...everything was so cute and perfect! Michelle says she isn't crafty, but she totally is. And our baby shower cake was the most delicious cake I've ever had. Sandee and Michelle really out did themselves! I'm so lucky to have such wonderful family. Below are a few photos - my brother was our photographer - didn't these photos turn out wonderfully?






















In Madeline news, she's doing well, however, there are a couple of possible concerns regarding my growth/weight. Basically, I could have IUGR which means my belly isn't growing large enough for Madeline to grow appropriately or she could be low birth weight - which runs in my family. With that being said, we have an ultrasound scheduled next week (July 2) to get accurate measurements and narrow down what the issue could be...or there might not be any issue at all. If I have IUGR or if Madeline is a low birth weight, I'll most likely have C-Section around 38 weeks (still full term). But, it's still all up in the air, and I'm not that concerned about it. (Well, I'm still terrified to have a C-Section)! I'm currently 31 weeks, up around 11 lbs since preconception, and my belly is measuring 4-6 weeks behind what it should be at this point. However, I am gaining steadily at 1 lb per week now, so that is a big positive. And, Madeline should be gaining a half pound per week at this point!!!

Yesterday, Tommy and I did our hospital tour, and I will say that I am so impressed. When we arrived, the head nurse who gives the tours asked if I was indeed pregnant, and was shocked when I said I was 31 weeks...then wanted the other nurses to see my small belly, and made the similar comments on my growth. I'll take it as a compliment for now...as long as there really isn't an issue!

I don't want to make a super long post, so I'll update tomorrow with nursery photos, and other random things that have been going on lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment