Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Neighbor Drama

My pregnancy hormones are really about to get the best of me. One of our neighbors (who lives directly across the street from us) decided that it would be acceptable to park their vehicles in front of our home everyday. Why in front of our home? I have no idea. They have ample parking in front of their home and in their driveway. Rude, right? His vehicles have been parked in front of our home since we moved in, and it's obvious that we live here now, and the home is no longer vacant.

Well, last Thursday I almost lost it. My neighbor was having his car cleaned in front of our home, and the cleaning company had a pit bull, car mats, cleaning supplies, vacuum cleaner, etc. all just thrown in our front yard. Our neighbor was even standing in our front yard directing the cleaner, so he obviously thought this was acceptable. By the time I made it outside to say something, neighbor was gone.

On Friday, when I peered outside my front door and saw my neighbor's molester van sitting in front of our home, I decided....it's time to do something. So, I wrote a very nice note requesting that he move his van in front of his own home and/or driveway, and explained that we certainly don't mind additional parking (if necessary) if you are having an event, etc. on an occasional basis - no biggie - but please do not park your vehicles (he also parks other vehicles in front of our home) on a daily basis. I also put much emphasis that this is a daily occurrence. Guess what? He moved the van. Hooray! At least so I thought....

This Saturday and Sunday, a new vehicle was parked in front of our home. This time, a black SUV. I was thinking, "You have to be kidding me! What in the world is wrong with people?!?!?" This SUV belongs to a different neighbor, who also has plenty of parking in front of his home and/or driveway. Late Sunday afternoon, I saw our neighbor shaking a man's hand, getting into the car. Then, it hit me. He probably sold his vehicle. I did see him detailing the vehicle outside on Friday...probably getting it ready for sale.

Nope. Yesterday, I see the SUV parked in his driveway.

Today, I get up, do my normal routine around the home, and low and behold....there is a large black truck parked in front of our home. I have never seen this truck, so I have no idea who in the world it belongs to. Now, I'm going to have to stalk the truck to see who the owner is.

We also live in a cul-de-sac, and each homeowner does have room to park in front of their houses, driveways, and garages. I would never think it's okay to park my vehicle in front of someone else's home...especially when I have my own space. I just really don't understand why in the world this is happening. WTH is wrong with these people? Perhaps they need an etiquette lesson.

Of course, I don't want to start any drama with any of our neighbors, but also, they are the ones being incredibly rude. I just don't want to look out my front door everyday and see someone's vehicle parked in front of our house. I've never dealt with anything like this. I did contact our HOA, and they are happy to get involved. Our HOA President even said that I was being much nicer than she would be about the situation.

I am really hoping this black truck belongs to a guest at someone's house. I don't want to go through this again with another neighbor. And, let's face it...I'm going to look like a B--. However, at this point, I don't really care. These people need to learn to have some manners and common courtesy.

Okay, end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment