Thursday, June 28, 2012

Randomness

I'm finally getting back to my couponing. I had to take a break because of the craziness around here, and well, our newspaper finally just now got sorted out to our new address. Surprisingly, I think I maybe changing grocery stores. Don't get me wrong, I love Publix, but, I went into Harris Teeter (the closest grocery store to us) to pick up a few things and I was very impressed. I've shopped at Harris Teeter years ago, but I thought they were pricey and wasn't fond of their bakery.

Maybe they've made a few improvements. I'm now in love the one right down the street from us. I've cut down my grocery shopping to once every two weeks and have found that I save more money....most likely due to the fact that there is less impulse buying. However, I do have to go back just to get fresh produce (especially since fruits are a huge craving for me) weekly. Harris Teeter's coupon policy is also better! So, I'm going to cheat on my dear Publix for the next month and really see if I'm saving any significant amount of money. I'll report back on my findings!

My other favorite grocery store is Fresh Market. Their seafood, meats, produce, and bakery rock. However, they are pricey, and I end up spending way too much money every time I go in. It's an impulse shopping place for myself. So, I'm limited my trips to Fresh Market on an occasional basis only.

Today is not a fun day for me. It's laundry day. I've already spent the day doing 5 loads of laundry. Laundry is my most hated chore. I don't mind washing the laundry; I just hate putting it away with folding and hanging.

I guess one exciting part is that I am washing all of Madeline's clothing, bibs, swaddlers, etc. sized from newborn and 0-3 months. Then, I'll reorganize all of her clothing by size, color, well...you get the point. She definitely does not need any more clothing items (with the exception of hats and bows) until she hits 3-6 months and above. This little girl's wardrobe is going to be as large as mine! She has so many cute outfits. I'm really hoping she gets to wear most of it, but the items she doesn't get to wear will be donated to a local charity.

After my laundry tasks are completed, off to scrubbing the toilets (how exciting) and cleaning the bathrooms, and then I'll take a break. I'm having to stretch my deep cleaning days into 2-3 days, instead of 1 since I get tired so easily.

I need to mention that my massage from Massage Envy (gift card) was amazing yesterday. I've heard of Massage Envy and their programs, and I was a little skeptical. Basically, the memberships are $59 per month and include one 1 hour massage. If you'd like to get any additional massages during the month, they run $39, and they always roll over if for some reason you can't make it in. If I was working again, I'd join, but it's just not in the budget right now. Considering around here you pay anywhere from $85-$120 (gratuity not included) for one 1 hour massage...Massage Envy's pricing can't be beat. I also was lucky and got a great masseuse, which can be hard to find.

Okay, back to laundry. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment