Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Where to Begin?

It's been busier than usual the past 2 weeks. I'm finally starting to get caught up on a few things. I'm not really sure where to start today...so I guess I'll backtrack. About two weeks ago we bought a new couch and dining room table. We needed both desperately and found great deals on them. My table is on back order, but it should be arriving at the end of the month. The couch isn't the prettiest couch, but it's memory foam and the most comfortable piece of furniture I've ever laid on. It's starting to grow on me. We went with a traditional dining room set, and I'll add in more contemporary decor.


Madeline had her two month check up late last week. She's weighing in at 8 lbs, 10 oz, and 21 inches in length. This puts her in the 10th percentile for both weight and height. Her head circumference (I forgot the measurement) is in the 5-10 percentile. The pediatrician is happy with her weight gain, and doesn't see any issues. She also had to get her first round of shots. She screamed bloody murder, but was fine afterwards. Her stomach has been a little upset since the shots and she's gassier than usual. Hopefully she'll be back to her normal self by the end of this week. She's been cooing like crazy. It's my favorite thing! I love hearing her try to communicate with us.






My Nana and brother came to visit and meet Madeline over the weekend. It was great to see both of them and catch up. We also had Tommy's 20 year reunion. It was fun, but I am certainly not used to being "out" during the evening hours any longer! I was exhausted by 8pm.

Off to Tommy's reunion!

Madeline has actually been napping the past two days, so it's given me time to do a few things that need to be done...I'm about 2 weeks behind on everything. Our weekends have been slammed, so normally, I would be doing a few things while Tommy can watch her, but that's okay. Things will calm down soon...or maybe not until after Christmas.

I'm still working out, however, my original plan was to workout 5 days per week. I think I was  overly confident that I'd be able to fit that in. I'm having to scale it back to 4 days per week, but that's still sufficient. Hopefully, I'll be able to add in the extra day in a few months. I've exceeded my goal, so now it's all about keeping on track.

I'm having fun finding tabletop decor for my dining room. Although, I'm indecisive on a few ideas I have. I have a vision, but it's been difficult to find exactly what I'm wanting. Here's some of my pieces I've put together:

Placemats from Crate and Barrel - so pretty in person

Napkin (I got them in satin, too, just in case)

Napkin Rings

Table Runner

Picked up 2 of these..but not sure they're going to work

Main Centerpiece
And that's it for now. I'm anxious to get my table so I can put everything together. And, I think I'll have to take the vases back and try something else...they're probably too tall for the candelabra (I want them on each side since my table is a 9-piece table). I'm definitely going for a dramatic, rustic, but contemporary look.

No comments:

Post a Comment