Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh, Boy.

We ended up having a great weekend. On Saturday, I ran tons of errands, our table was delivered, my parents made a quick stop by, and we vegged on the couch Saturday night. On Sunday, our friends came over to watch football...or I should say the guys watched football. Tommy made his chili and I made one of my childhood favorite cookies..."Tiddy Cookies." Okay, that's the not actual name, but the cookies look like boobs. I'm sure you've guessed by now that they are the old school peanut butter cookies with a Hershey kiss.

I'm exhausted from the weekend, but we did have a good time. Madeline's tummy issues have gotten somewhat worse the past two weeks. With the painful gas, reflux, and upset tummies, we now have changed her to a hypoallergenic formula. I just gave her the first go around at it. I was worried she wouldn't take it, because quite frankly it smells exactly like Cheez-Its. I myself enjoy eating Cheez-Its, but it's a peculiar smell for a formula. Hopefully, this formula works. It's double the cost of all other formulas since it's technically considered to be a "prescription," although you can buy it over the counter. Some insurance companies cover the cost, however, ours does not. Why am I not surprised? Nonetheless, it's worth the extra cost if it relieves her pain. It's just going to get very expensive once she starts eating substantially more.

And then there's me. On top of just having a baby, still not being recovered 2.5 months later...now I believe I am having gallstones. Yes, gallstones. I awoke last night with excruciating pain radiating through my right shoulder blade, and was extremely nauseated. I ran to the bathroom several times to puke, but thankfully, I did not. I've also had heartburn and indigestion, but didn't really think anything of it. Anyway, my symptoms are dead on to gallstones/gallbladder issues. And, I learned that it's very common to have gallbladder issues after childbirth. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to verify, but if that's the case I'll have my gallbladder removed as soon as possible before the pain worsens. I'm still nauseous and have shoulder pain right now, but thankfully it's not as awful as it was last night.Ugh. So not excited.

I'm terrified of surgery. I've been delaying having my wisdom teeth out for 10 years now because of my fear. I've only had surgery once - oral surgery, and it didn't go so well. But, if it must be done, it must be done. Plus, I've decided to have my wisdom teeth out next February/March.

I'm not really sure what we are getting into this week...I know I have to run a couple of errands on Saturday. Honestly, I'm completely content on having a low key weekend.

We attempted to place Madeline in her jumperoo over the weekend. I think I was overly ambitious. She's holding her neck up well, so I thought it might be okay. She enjoyed it, but it swallowed her up! I think we are going to have to wait until she's 4 or 5 months before she uses it again. She's smiling like crazy now. Huge smiles. My favorite is when I get her up in the morning...she gives me the biggest smile! She's been cooing for awhile, but now when I coo at her, she coos back. I'd say she's meeting all of her milestones, some ahead of others. She does great with tummy time on me, but she's still not a fan of it on the ground. She'll do the mini push ups while on my stomach, but not yet on the floor. She'll grab some things...she loves hanging onto her blankets and my hair...but she's not quite ready for holding her toys. Below are a couple of photos of her smiling. Not the best, as she was squirming around and I couldn't get them focused correctly.

Oh, Hi!



Yeah, Mom. I'm way too small for this. Thanks.


Just chillin' in my jumperoo. Why is that thing hanging up there looking at me?

Sophie still needs love.





No comments:

Post a Comment