Friday, April 6, 2012

Stressed

This week has been a crazy week. I've spent my time packing, organizing, house hunting, cleaning, etc. I've been thinking it's Thursday all day long. This morning, I finished packing all of our closets, donation items, and kitchen donations. Then, I dropped off a car load of donations at Goodwill, then two carloads of "junk" to a dumpster. I haven't packed our home decor, clothing, and kitchen just yet. I'd like to wait until a week before we close just to make sure it's going to happen. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just know that sometimes a deal can fall through, and I'd hate to pack up our entire house just to unpack it all again. I did meet my goal of packing this week, so I can stress less about it.

Wednesday and Thursday we went house hunting with Lance. We had a gorgeous renovated home that we were going to put an offer on....and then BAM...someone beat us to it. It was the perfect floorplan and design for us. However, it was located on a golf course...near the golf range area. So, the noise from the golf course would probably have driven me crazy...but oh my gosh...this house would have been perfect. It happens, and there isn't anything we can do about it, so we just have to move on. We are waiting until more inventory pops back up on the market. We've seen just about everything (about 12 homes) within our requirements and they are all a no go. It's very important to us that we have another open floorplan. A lot of the homes we've seen are rather boxy...and just don't work for us. I highly doubt any new listings will be posted until midweek next week due to the holiday. So, yes, we will be rooming with my parents for awhile. Hopefully, we'll find something soon. As long as we are moved by August 1st, that's fine with me.

Speaking of moving, we are going to use U-Haul's U-Pod system. I priced out both PODS and U-Pod and U-Pods are significantly cheaper. It's still a pain and pricier than a normal move, but at least we do have an option instead of moving twice. Tommy's dad is coming on Sunday to help us go through our garage. Our garage should be featured on an episode of Hoarders. It's jam packed full of old furniture and boxes that haven't been opened in 10 years. But, there are a few things that we will keep. Next Saturday, we have a junk hauling company coming out to get rid of everything for us. I really just want to get Sunday done with asap. I'm dreading it. And, it's all Tommy's stuff, so I can't really tell what is toss or stay. But then again, if we haven't used it....for 10 YEARS....then it's a toss item.
We'll have to rent 4-5 of these for our home.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stressed, but I'm more stressed about our initial move. I know we'll find a house eventually....we just need more inventory out there! And, like I've said several times before, homes are moving very quickly. It's great for our economy, however, it makes it more difficult on us. So as soon as we find a house that we both love, we'll immediately put an offer on it and pray that it is accepted.


No comments:

Post a Comment