Monday, February 27, 2012

Stir Crazy

I have been trapped inside our house now for 2 weeks. With the exception of running my typical errands and going to the gym....I've been a recluse in my own house. Well, we did go to Lance and Shellie's about a week ago...but that's it. Why? This darn sickness will not go away. I started feeling better on Friday/Saturday, then BAM...yesterday was completely miserable. My morning started out with severe congestion, then on to a migraine, followed by morning sickness...which left me running to the bathroom. And, all day I had fever, aches, etc. I honestly haven't felt that horrible in years...and would start randomly bawling my eyes out because I felt so awful.

Thankfully, Sophie allowed me to sleep until 10am this morning. This is definitely not typical. I usually awake around 5:30am and lay in bed until Tommy leaves for work...then eventually just get up. Every time I make a movement under the covers, Sophie attacks me with kisses...excited to start her day. While adorable at times, it can also be severely annoying if I'm having an insomnia moment. But, she must have known how much I needed my sleep, because she cuddled up and slept next to me all morning.

I still feel achy and congested today, but my fever has finally broke. I don't think I'm going to be able to do much today...I might attempt a walk around the neighborhood since it's beautiful outside, but I don't know if I'll have the energy.

We are having another crazy weather pattern this week. Including severe storms on both Wednesday and Friday:


On Thursday, I had another call for a showing that afternoon and a call for a showing Saturday. My Thursday showing showed up right as scheduled, but our Saturday appointment was a no show. The agent didn't even call to cancel. So rude. We got up early Saturday morning, cleaned the house, and sat in our car with Sophie for an hour and half waiting on the prospective buyers. I've never had this happen before. Oh well...onto the next.

I wish I had something excited to blog about, but the past week has been a bore. My dad is having surgery on Wednesday, so I'll be at a doctor's office the majority of the day. Also, Tommy and I are going to go Park Cafe on Saturday and use our remaining gift card balance. I'm so excited!

Actually, I'll post photos of our current top 2 houses we love. Hopefully, they'll still be on the market when we're ready to purchase....or something better may come along.

Tommy's current #1 - The pool definitely has something to do with it. 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 3,030 square feet.





My current #1 - Complete with basement! The last home I owned had a full finished basement, and I miss having one so much. And, the yard...is perfect. 3 Bedrooms. 2.5 Baths, 3,263 square feet.

Ultimately, we want a home we can grow into and live in for the next 20 plus years. Of course, there are other houses on our list that would be wonderful options for us as well. I'm excited about starting our home search. Now, we just need to find the perfect buyer for ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment