Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hmm

Not sure where I should begin today...I have many random thoughts.

Well, I'll start with my sickness. I'm finally starting to feel better. However, I fear saying this, because every time I mention that I'm getting well I end up sick the following morning. But, my fingers are crossed this time!

My dad's surgery went very well, and he's at home recovering. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it to the hospital. My parent's thought it would be in my best interest not to go to the hospital where hundreds of sick people are since I am myself, pregnant and sick.

The weather is beautiful today...70 degrees and sunny. It's actually been in the 70s all week, but yesterday we had a severe storm threat, including tornadoes. I will be the first to admit of my heightened fear of tornadoes. They terrify me. This is one reason I'd really love to have a basement home again, or perhaps a storm shelter of some sorts. While today is gorgeous, tomorrow night we have yet another severe storm threat including tornadoes. Yippee! (Insert sarcasm here).

This week, Tommy brought home different types of instant Pho from the local ethnic food market. Tommy is obsessed with Pho, and has to have it twice per week. I think it's just okay, but I do enjoy it from time to time. He also brought home authentic Pho soup bowls and spoons...they are really cute, and perfect for any soup. I decided to try one of the Phos, not expecting an excellent outcome. In the past, Oh Ricey! Pho has been my favorite, but the market was out. Surprisingly, this Pho (Pho Bo) was the best yet....great flavor. However, the directions were in Vietnamese, so I had to just guess on instructions based on my previous experiences. My noodles were undercooked, so I guess it needed to steam for another 2-3 minutes. But, the broth was so delicious. The only ingredient that I add to Pho is about teaspoon of Sriracha sauce.



I'd like to give a brief review on my Summer Sanders DVD I've mentioned before. Now that I've been doing it for 2 weeks, I can definitely tell a difference. I'm sore after each workout, and I'm starting to tone up again. I'm still trying the 1st Trimester Full Length Workout version, because I'd like to give it a full month of the workout before I move on to the next. During most of the workout, I'm cursing underneath my breath at Summer and Cary (instructors). It's really difficult!

We have a showing this evening, which I'm excited about. It's been slower the past two weeks, but generally, people start their new home searches in late March, so I'm very optimistic. Actually, I'm quite surprised that we've had so many showings in February. We've also received very positive feedback from the agents thus far, so that's a plus.

Since it's going to be a stormy evening tomorrow night, Tommy and I will most likely curl up on the couch with pizza and a movie. And, on Saturday evening....we get yummy Park Cafe. I'm so ready for some braised lamb shank, or perhaps I'll change it up with one of their specials for the evening. Not to mention...finally get out of this house and do something!!! Not sure what else what might be on the agenda.

Well, Sophie and I are going to take stroll around the neighborhood and soak up some sun. It would be nice if my pale skin could actually get some sun....

No comments:

Post a Comment