Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Slumber

I have had an overwhelming amount of energy this week. I've done 2 workouts (1 hour each) per day, tended to the flowerbeds, ran errands, cleaned the house top to bottom, etc. And, I'm not even getting tired! I even attempted to take naps today, but I couldn't even relax due to all my energy. I feel fantastic! I hope this feeling lasts. My sleep is still sporadic, but that's okay. I wish we had the ability to "store" sleep. This is my greatest fear when the baby arrives. Since I already have severe insomnia, and I'll have to wake up every 2 hours to feed (24 hours per day), I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a zombie. Getting 4-5 hours of sleep per night is a good night NOW, so we'll see how it goes. And, I don't exactly take naps. I'll lay down and relax, but I don't actually ever fall asleep. And, everyone says, "You'll sleep when the baby sleeps." Yeah, right. It's hard enough now even when I go weeks with only 2 hours of sleep per night! Oh well, I'll quit obsessing and worry about it once baby arrives.

Speaking of slumber, this is where our precious little girl will be sleeping:


Eventually will convert into a full bed - in white of course.

It's a 4-in-1 crib that converts to a toddler bed, day bed, then full size bed. So, she'll have this up until she leaves the nest. The pictures simply do not due this bed justice...it's gorgeous and very well made.

Here's the dresser that goes along:Baby Cache Heritage Double Dresser - Also available at Babies 'R' Us

I'm not crazy about the knobs, so my mother is going to find cute clear acrylic knobs and change them out. And, instead of also getting a diaper changing station, we are going to put a convertible diaper changer on top. I doubt we use it much anyway. I don't want to run to the nursery every time there's going to be a dirty diaper...because there will be plenty.

Today the mailman brought us an exciting surprise from Bran and Michelle - adorable baby clothes! Everything is so cute!


Looks like I'm going to have to start wearing sunscreen on my daily walks. My face, arms, shoulders, and back are burnt! While I enjoy getting a tan, I guess I do need to apply at least a 15 SPF to prevent sun damage. I just hope the warm weather stays with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment