Thursday, March 8, 2012

Relaxed

Hallelujah! I have had magnificent sleep the past two nights, and a nap today! I just got out of a relaxing, warm bath. And, I'm finally over this nasty cold I've had!!!

Yesterday, I had a salon appointment, and then hit the mall afterwards. I went to A Pea in the Pod and Motherhood again, but no luck. I did find a pair of $98 maternity shorts that I did like, but I simply could not justify spending that amount on shorts that I will wear for just a few months. Plus, I don't think I've ever spent more than $60 on a pair of regular shorts, anyway.

I still had some energy left, and decided to head to Target on my way home. I ended up finding a cute sleeveless maternity top ($10) and a maternity dress that is so freaking cute on sale for $20. My local Target decided to relocate their shoe department directly across from the women's department. Smart move, because, I saw a few pairs of shoes that caught my eye. I have a confession. I, Ashley, have a shoe addiction. I own over 200 pairs of shoes....maybe even 250. Several still in boxes, never worn. I actually banned myself from shoe shopping last summer. I believe I've only bought 1-2 pairs since, and they were necessities for certain outfits. Well, yesterday I caved. Here's my justification: This Spring/Summer I will only be able to wear flats and wedges. No more heels. 98% of my shoe collection are heels....4 inch heels to be exact. So, I do *need* them. And, they were incredibly inexpensive. So, this is a positive step in the right direction for me (no pun intended).

Below are my purchased wedges. Each shoe was only $25, and surprisingly great quality. I've only bought summer flats from Target, so I hope these hold up.


Another reason for my trip to Target was to pick up Sauve Professional's Keratin 30 Day Smoothing Kit. My hair stylist used Coppola's Intense RX Keratin on my hair (leave in conditioner), and the results were so awesome. But, it's $50 for 1 oz., so I thought I'd try a discount version first. Unfortunately, I cannot use the Sauve Professional's Keratin 30 Day Smoothing Kit. Why? Read the warning below:

  • Hair has been PERMED, CHEMICALLY STRAIGHTENED OR RELAXED (lye or no lye relaxers)
  • Hair has been COLORED in the PAST WEEK
  • Hair has EVER been BLEACHED, HIGHLIGHTED DOUBLE-PROCESSED, or HIGH LIFT color (including some extreme shades of red)
  • Hair is EXTREMELY DRY, BRITTLE, or DAMAGED
  • SCALP is irritated, sore or damaged.
  • You are ALLERGIC to THIOGLYCOLATES, commonly found in perming products, or if you have ever had a reaction to a perm.

Unless you have "virgin" hair, I wouldn't suggest using this product. I do color my hair (it's a high lift), so I had to pass.

But, I am able to use Sauve's Keratin Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-In. They have other products in the line, but they were sold out, so I'll try these out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment