Saturday, March 3, 2012

Stuffed

Tommy and I just got back from our dinner at Park Cafe. Here's what was on my menu:

Fried Calamari with Tomato Ragu and Pesto Aioli
Cafe Salad with Artisan Greens, Brioche Croutons, and Crispy Goat Cheese Ball
Braised Lamb Shank with Couscous and Green Chili Mac N Cheese
Park Cafe Creme Brulee with Custard layered with Almond Phyllo Dough

I was very happy with the calamari, goat cheese ball, lamb shank and mac n cheese. The cafe salad itself was bland, and I could have done without. Also disappointing, my creme brulee - which I usually am raving about. First, let me say that Park Cafe has significantly cut down on portion sizes. From our entree to dessert, it seemed as though our portions were cut in half. I was very disappointed with this once I received my brulee. The creme brulee just lacked flavor this time, and was a tiny portion. Oh well....I'll still definitely order this in the future.

Tonight was the first night in WEEKS that I have actually worn make up, fixed my hair, and I got to wear my nice jeans. I actually hadn't worn my nice jeans (Paige - Laurel Canyons - the best jeans ever) in over a month, and I wasn't sure if they'd actually fit me. But, they fit exactly as before. Yay for me! And, I took a photo of myself to start tracking my baby bump's progress on my my blog. Not big changes - I just look bloated. I bet I start showing more in about 4 weeks.

15 Weeks

This week, I watched the season finale of It's a Brad, Brad World on Bravo. I meant to post this earlier, but this is a must see. First, let me set this up for you. Brad's boyfriend, Gary, has been planning a big surprise for Brad for their 10-year anniversary. Gary isn't much of a sentimentalist...more so a complete control freak. Anyway, watch below and see Gary's big surprise for Brad (who had no idea) at their party. I don't know whether it was my pregnancy hormones or what, but I thought this was so touching and sweet....and pretty damn creative.


If for some reason the video did not post correctly on your computer, below is a link:
http://youtu.be/ovW-wIDtPic

Tomorrow, Tommy and I are going to a couple of open houses with my parents. We actually have a showing ourselves tomorrow. And, my mom's making her famous homemade chicken and dumplings for lunch. I'm so excited to eat them!

It was nice to finally get out of the house tonight. But now, I'm going to go cuddle with Sophie on the couch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment