Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pathetic

Last night, Tommy and I had dinner at Bosco's with Leia, Zach, Shelby, and Rick. After we scarfed down our food, we went next door to Sam's Sports Bar for a couple of drinks. Thankfully, Sam's is now nonsmoking, so I could attend! And, I came up with a new "mocktail" to drink - cranberry juice with a splash of pineapple. It doesn't sound appealing, but it was really, really delicious. After dinner, we were all pretty tired, and the conversations started to slow down. This was around 8:30pm. We all said we'd hang in there and hang out for awhile longer, when alas, at 10pm, we were all ready to crash and headed home. Sam's used to be all of our hangout of choice for years....we'd start the evening around 9pm and finish up at closing time (even on work nights). Those days are now long gone. We are officially old and pathetic.

Tommy and I

Shelby and I

Yesterday, I did use Sauve Professional's Keratin Smoothing Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-In Conditioner. First, I'd like to point out that I have coarse, wavy, colored hair.
The shampoo had an excellent leather, however, it smelled like a men's bodywash. It was a little strange. The conditioner is thick and had a normal smell. The directions stated to leave in the condition for 1-3 minutes, so I went for 3 minutes, and rinsed. Next, I used the leave-in. It stated to only apply a dime sized amount....so that's exactly what I did. I also used Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum (highly recommend). My hair definitely felt softer and was easy to detangle when wet. My comb glided effortlessly through my hair.

Next, I let my hair air dry for about 30 minutes. I always do this to help protect my hair from heat damage. Then, I went to blow dry. Afterwards, my hair was definitely softer, less frizzy, and I virtually had zero flyaways. I always have tons of flyaways thanks to my natural waves and trying to blow dry my hair straight. And, my hair did not end up smelling like a man once dried...more of a normal just washed smell. Finally, I used my flat iron for the final touch. I could definitely tell a difference using these products and I'll continue to use them until emptied, and see if it improves my hair overall throughout time. Now, were these products just a effective as Coppola's Keratin Systems? No, but for the price - not bad. Results are below.

Excuse my creepy stare..lol.

Lately, I've been craving blue cheese...pasteurized blue cheese. Yesterday, I made a delicious blue cheese salad for lunch. I used Publix Greenwise Italian Blend Organic lettuce. Let me confess - this is the best lettuce I have ever purchased. I usually purchase the Fresh Express or Publix bagged lettuce, but they go bad in just a couple of days, and the quality isn't great. The Greenwise lettuce has lasted me well over a week, has excellent flavor, and is just delicious. So, everyone go out and try it next time you want a scrumptious salad.


Today, I'm officially 16wks - 4 Months!!! This week, I've definitely noticed a little more belly...still looks like bloat or that I might have a gut. And, my tummy has been itchy, which means my skin is stretching. I fear that I'm heading into the "fat" stage of pregnancy. Meaning, I don't look pregnant, I just look like I have beer belly...lol. I hope this stage does not last too long.

16 Weeks

Tomorrow, I have my 16wk check-up, and then Tuesday is the big "reveal" day. I'll update tomorrow about my appointment - I hope everything looks good.

And, I'm super excited about this:

Warm weather all week long!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment