Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been so bad at updating my blog this past week! I was under the weather Thursday and Friday, then finally started feeling better late Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening, we headed to Lance and Shellie's house. We played with the kids, put them to bed, and then grilled. I decided to have a pre-made kabob (uncooked) from Publix and it was Divine! I will definitely buy more of these in the future! We hung out and chatted, then headed home.

On Sunday, we prepared for Corner Pub's Annual Chili Cook Off. (Corner Pub is a local bar/restaurant that we frequent). Zachary and Leia came over around noon, and we headed to Athen's Greek Restuarant (featured in Food Network's Diner, Drive-Ins, and Dives). It was scrumptious as always, and then we headed to our house to start the chilis! Unfortunately, our pot didn't turn out as well as it usually does....a big disappointment for Tommy.

We headed to Corner Pub, entered out Chilis, and anxiously awaited the results. Tommy and I knew we weren't going to place, but we thought Zach and Leia would. They made a nontraditional chipotle chili. It was definitely a little different, but I really liked it! The results came in, and we placed in 8th. Zach and Leia unfortunately placed last.....which was a huge shocker. The chili that won seriously tasted like Ragu. It was weird, but oh well. We did get great comments on our chili and there is always next year! I just hope it comes out how it's supposed to. (This time we doubled our recipe and it just didn't come out the same - we won't do that again)!

Yesterday, I ran errands, cleaned the house, and made my famous spaghetti for dinner. Today is about the same, but I'm trying a new seared scallop recipe for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow night, Shelby, Leia, and myself are going to catch up at dinner. I'm excited to have some girl time! And, I'm going to take pictures....ugh...I meant to this weekend, but totally forgot!

I have a pretty full week this week, and I'm going to try to update as much as possible! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment