Thursday, January 26, 2012

Projects



I have a confession to make. I love doing taxes. Love it. I'm not sure exactly why, but I get excited every January with the anticipation of W2s hitting our mailbox. Maybe it's my inner dork seeping out. Tommy and I actually bickered back in forth about who got to enter what this year. What is wrong with us? Unfortunately, this year we aren't getting back as much as we were hoping, but at least we don't owe. We also have to repair termite damage from this past summer. Yes, we had termites. The damage doesn't appear to be bad, but we won't know for sure until we rip up the drywall. I'll admit that I'm a little scared to get our estimate. But, it must be repaired.


We're going to list our house on the market in March. We had it on the market awhile back, but were unable to sell. We'd like to sell before the baby arrives in August if at all possible. If not, we'll just stay here until next Spring and relist again....hoping that the market has picked back up. And, listing our house gives me a project. I love projects. While selling a house is stressful, I don't think it will be as inconvenient as it was while I was working. However, the most stressful situation would be selling in late Summer and having to find a home asap during the timing of my due date. That would be a nightmare, but I'm going to be optimistic.


Tonight I made a new marinade for pork chops that was delicious. I thought I'd share it...it's really easy. I like to look at basic recipes and then put my own spin on it. Sometimes they work out, and sometimes they don't. Luckily, tonight's was a winner.

Pork Chop Marinade: (Serving Size 2)


4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar


1.5 Tablespoon Lemon Juice


2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (you can also substitute with Teriyaki)


2 Tablespoons Worcestershire


1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil


Dash of Cayenne Pepper


Onion and Garlic Powder to taste


See? Really simple.


I'm excited about tomorrow! Leia and Shelby and taking me out for an early birthday dinner! And, Tommy gave me an early birthday present tonight....a gift card to Pea in a Pod (maternity store). Now, I can stock up on a few maternity items. I don't need them just yet, but I'm guessing I will once I get to 16-20 weeks. (Currently 9.5 weeks now). Right now, I just look bloated around my stomach.



On Saturday night, we're going to Ruth's Chris for dinner. Normally, I'd order the seared ahi tuna appetizer, Caesar salad, and filet medium rare, but I will not be able to this time. All are on my no-no pregnancy food list. I might try a filet medium well, but that cooking style just makes me cringe...but it's my only option if I want a steak. Or I might just try something new. At least I can still order lobster bisque :)



Now that I've rambled on about my randomness for too long, I guess I'll log off. Enjoy your evening!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment