Thursday, January 12, 2012

Patience

Typically, I am an extremely patient person, but not today. While running errands, I got stuck behind a truck going 15 MPH for 10 miles. And no, I did not have the ability to pass him. Then, I ran to the pet store to grab Sophie her food. I got into the checkout and waited behind a woman with her hairless cat who had a 10 minute conversation with the clerk about their pets. The store clerk was even whipping out her cell phone and showing photos. Of course, I might show off Sophie from time to time, but not when there are waiting customers in line! Argh. This normally wouldn't really phase me, but just not today.

Anyway, Leia, Shelby and I had dinner last night at Carrabba's. I will be the first to admit that I am somewhat of a food snob when it comes to chain restaurants. But Carrabba's I like. I do enjoy higher end chain restaurants like Ruth's Chris, Morton's, J. Alexanders, etc. But I'm not a huge fan of the typical American chains like Red Lobster, Applebee's, etc. I enjoyed the Seafood Pasta with Champagne Cream Sauce (crab, scallops, and shrimp) and a small salad. It was really good. Afterwards, I had a huge craving for a slice of cheesecake, so I headed to The Cheesecake Factory for a piece. Okay, yes, I realize Cheesecake Factory is a chain, but I will say that I love their Fried Mac N Cheese Balls and any of their Cheesecakes. I find the rest of their food to be mediocre and overpriced. They were out of the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake (my all time favorite), so I went for the Caramel Dolce, which is still an excellent choice.

Below are just a couple of photos at dinner...I had to co hearse the ladies to actually take the photo..lol. I look really weird in the photo of Leia and I....

Above: Shelby. Below: Me and Leia

We are finally getting some snow today! Well, I should say flurries. I am really hoping that we at least get one good snow this winter. Here's Sophie gearing up for her day in her "snow coat:"




Well, I'm all out of words....so that's it for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment