Monday, January 30, 2012

Family, Friends, and Foes

Family. My family is extremely important to me. I consider myself very lucky to have such a supportive and loving family. I have the best parents in the world, and I am so thankful. My inlaws are also wonderful, and I got really lucky to have them! Even my BIL and SILs are awesome. I really did luck out. And of course there's Tommy, Sophie, and the newest member coming soon in our own family. No matter what, family always come first in our lives.

Friends. Over the past few years, I've gained and lost friends along the way. I consider the friends I have now apart of my outside family. I regret losing some friends due to being overly consumed with my own life. Friendships take work, just like any relationship. But, I really do love my friends! They're caring, understanding, supportive, and they have my back.

Foes. Okay, so I don't consider myself to have any "foes." However, I will say that there are people that I make a conscience decision not to be friends with. Just because I'm not friends with someone does not mean that I cannot be cordial. And when I say cordial, I don't mean fake. I'm talking about being a mature adult. There is a difference. I don't like every person I meet, so I don't expect everyone to like me. If you like me, great. If you don't, that's fine, too.

I definitely do not tolerate lying and disrespect. Also, I've learned that if you have to give someone the benefit of the doubt, defend them, and make excuses for their behaviors over and over again...they really aren't worth my friendship. Frankly, I just don't have time for nonsense. Understandably, there will be times when you will have to give a friend the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not talking about a couple of times...I mean ALL the time. And then, there are the "friends" who are not understanding that you have a life outside of themselves. This irks me to no end. You all have probably met someone like this in your lifetime....The person who gets angry if you cannot make it to an event, because you have something else going on and they simply cannot comprehend that you have a life outside of their world. These types of people are incredibly selfish. Of course, I always want to all of our friends to be able to make it to something we're having, for instance, a party, etc., and they will be missed. However, if you can't make it, you can't make it. I don't need an explanation, justification, or excuse. And, I'm not going to be offended. They have a life, too, and it should be respected.

All in all, I am very thankful for the people that I have in my life. We might hit small bumps throughout time, however, it will never overshadow how blessed I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment