Friday, September 14, 2012

1 Month

Wow. I cannot believe how incredibly fast this first month has gone by! It's so hard to believe. It feels like we've only been home from the hospital for a week or so. I suspect that the upcoming days, months, and years are just going to start flying right by before my eyes. Even though the past month has been difficult, it has been the best time of my life. I am so thankful to have such a beautiful, healthy baby girl. It's unbelievable how much life has changed...for the better.

We had a major break through last night. Madeline slept in 4-5 hour intervals and was easy to get back to sleep last night! That also means that I *finally* was able to sleep. I was so excited that she went down so fast at her 2am feeding, that I actually woke myself up from all the excitement. But, I was able to fall back to sleep. I bet I got 6 hours last night! I'm really hoping this is a new sleep pattern for her, and not just a growth spurt.

Today was extremely busy. I cleaned the house top to bottom, managed to fit in my workout, play with Madeline, cook, etc. I'm just now getting a moment to sit down and catch up for a moment. I have to admit that I kinda hate my new workout. I'm not exactly a fan because it's actually challenging. But, I know in the next couple of weeks it will become much easier. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to try to get in a run around the neighborhood. I actually haven't been outside since Wednesday. I need to get outdoors more often.

I'm not exactly sure what's in store yet for this weekend. We are trying to coordinate plans with our friends and I know I need to run a few errands (shoe shopping - one of my favorite types of errands).

As far as my weight loss goes, I've lost another 2lbs. Only 3 more to go until I meet my goal, however, I'm completely okay with losing more. My Bellefit also no longer doing anything. I really wish they made an XXS so I could size down. I might try the Squeem, but I don't know yet. It's amazing that just changing my diet has caused the extra weight loss the past two weeks. I'm eating like I did a few years back. I'm almost at my procheerleading weight! I'm basically cutting carbs, eating smaller portions, and eating healthier in general. I used to calorie count, but I don't really need to do that anymore, since I used to eat like this anyway. I do allow myself "cheat" meals and snacks. For instance, tonight I made fried pork chops with gravy, mac n cheese, and fried okra. At least I got a vegetable in there, right?

Okay, since I've obviously been lacking in the photo department, here are a few:

Her first binky!

She loves her mirror. Look at her smile!

I'm pooped.

Hmm. Do I want food? Or do I want to scream?

No comments:

Post a Comment