Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bath Time!

I'm not quite sure where to start today. I know I had a few things that I wanted to specifically mention, but now they have somehow slipped my mind. That's been happening a lot lately. I'll chalk it up to "mommy brain."

Madeline wasn't as fussy today. I'm trying a new nap time routine, and so far it's worked. Don't get me wrong, she's going to be fussy, but the 24 hour fussiness has to stop sometime! We also started implementing her nightly bath time routine. She had her first official bath last night. We had been washing her under the sink, but I finally decided to pull out her tub. She got in and didn't know what to think at first, but ended up liking it. We didn't get any great photos, but there are a couple below. We'll try again tonight. I tried to put on her pajamas last night, but the newborn size is still way too big! Hopefully she'll fit in them in a couple of weeks. I'm also thinking that I might have to go buy some more newborn long sleeved clothing for the next couple of weeks now that it's cooling down. She's not even close to fitting into the 0-3 month as I mentioned, and I've found that the Carter's Made With Love runs smaller and fits her better right now than the Carter's Just One You, which runs big. Also, the Circo clothing runs large. So I'm thinking I need to get newborn sized Circo and Just One You from Carter's for the next month until she can actually fit into the 0-3 month sizing.

 Poor Madeline was up all last night with the worst gas and her reflux was bothering her. She tried to sleep through it, but she was up the majority of the night fighting it. I've tried gas drops and they occasionally work, but I've also found that sometimes they make it worse. I'm going to try Colic Calm, which people rave about. It's just really hard to find - I tried Walgreens today, and they didn't have it. I'll try CVS tomorrow.





In other news, I've lost yet another pound. I'm only one pound away from my goal weight. I was surprised when I jumped on the scale this morning, because I didn't eat particularly well this weekend. I indulged in a few cupcakes I baked for my friend Shelby's birthday, and had a few other treats. I had my 6 week post partum check up yesterday, and I've been put on an antibiotic to help speed up the healing process, since I should have been fine by now. If this doesn't help within a week, they'll put me on something else. I'm really hoping this medication works....this is horrible!

I didn't wear my Squeem for a couple of days because I found it to be a little uncomfortable after wearing it awhile, but I started back today. I'm not sure if it's really doing anything permanent just yet, but while I'm wearing it, I am definitely much smaller. Unfortunately, you can't wear it out in public under clothing because it's noticeable. Additionally, it bulges out while you're sitting.

I finally was able to get my hair done by Wayne on Saturday. It was great to see him and feel like my old self again. However, this isn't going to be a monthly ritual as it was before pregnancy. I'll go every few months and get retouched. I ended up basically being away all day on Saturday from Madeline, and it was so hard. I actually started to cry at Shelby's because I felt so guilty and I missed her. I know it's good for me to be away....but I'd rather it be a few hours...not 10 hours.

Sophie has been taking an interest in Madeline's playmat and toys. It's funny, but I feel a little bad for her. She thinks Madeline's toys are her toys, and she gets scolded when she tries to play with them. It's odd though, because she's never played with toys. She has doggie toys, but she'll play with them for 5 minutes when I buy it, then she won't touch ever them again. And, she tries to get in the middle of the playmat after we are done with our playtime, or she'll try to get in with Madeline. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment