Thursday, September 13, 2012

Update

It's hard to believe that Madeline will be 1 month tomorrow! This past month has flown by so quickly. We had her 1 month check up yesterday (I got my dates mixed up), and she now weighs 6 lbs, 14 oz and is 20 inches long. She's getting so big!

She's been much fussier this week. I suspect her reflux is the culprit. She's also started fighting sleep. Meaning, she'll start screaming when she is sleepy, but won't allow herself to actually go to sleep. It's kind of funny because she'll be wailing, and then completely out the next second. This has also made it harder to put her down in between feedings during the night. I've had to cuddle with her for about an hour, then move her to the Nap Nanny.

She started smiling more often this week...it's so cute. And, she loves holding onto my hair, which might be an issue once she starts pulling, but for now, it's okay. She's getting much better at holding her neck up. I started "tummy time" last week on my chest. I attempted it on the floor, but she's terrified. For now, I'll just actually do tummy time on me. I'm trying to get her interested in objects, but she still doesn't really care.

As far as sleep goes, last night she actually went 4 hour periods between feedings. I was going ahead and getting her up after she started making her baby noises around 2.5-3 hours, but last night, I decided to wait to get her up until she's fully awake. It actually worked. Since she's gaining consistently, I don't have to wake her to feed, although, I don't need to let her go more than 4 hours without eating for now.

It looks like I might just get in 3 workouts this week. I was so sore on Tuesday/Wednesday. I just got done with another workout, but I have a feeling I'll have to skip tomorrow. I'd like to start walking with Madeline, but I really need to wait until it cools off a little more and the mosquitoes die down.

I know I need to post more photos of her, but she's asleep in her swing right now, and it's difficult to get a decent photo. I'll post some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment