Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Recap

It's hard to believe that 2012 is almost here! For some reason, 2012 sounds ancient to me, but I don't have any reasoning to feel this way. I thought I'd take a moment and reflect on the past year.

The beginning of the year was uneventful for the most part. I had my 28th birthday in January, and we of course celebrated Valentine's Day in February. Tommy and I were both adapting to married life and it definitely was an adjustment for both of us!

In March, we headed to San Diego, which was gorgeous. We stayed at the Bristol Hotel, which is beautiful by the way. For sightseeing we hit up the famous San Diego Zoo (See Polar Bear photo - they were my favorite) and took the ferry over to Coronado Beach and spent a day. We also had
a dinner on the USS Midway (which is ginormous) and enjoyed a gourmet dinner at The Oceanaire. It was only a 4-day trip, but loads of fun!

April came and flew by. In May, we headed to Pittsburgh for our friend's Leia and Zach's wedding. It was one of the most fun weddings I have ever attended, well, until my foot was completely smashed and bleeding all over the dance floor. However, we had a great time!

Me and Tommy at the wedding

Leia and Zach (not at their wedding)

In June, we headed to St. Pete, FL and stayed at the Loew's Don Cesar's "Pink Palace" hotel for a week of fun, sun, and relaxation. Honestly, we didn't do much on this trip other than eating, drinking, and swimming....which is what I prefer.

We headed back to Nashville, and we sadly went back to work. Well, I didn't go back to work for long, as I was laid off. The first 6 months of 2011 were incredibly stressful due to my job. I was miserable...working 60 hours per week, 7 days per week, without any appreciation or support. I liked my job, except that I was on my own...running my own department in marketing. It put a lot of stress on my personal life as well. I was nightmare to be around at times because of the stress. All in all - I guess it was meant to be that I was laid off. I lasted 5 years, and had some great times, but some not so great times. The same goes for the people. I did make friends along the way, and some people that I despised.

During the summer, I got adjusted to my new schedule. On Fridays, the girls and I would have "Happy Hour" at Crow's Nest in Green Hills and it was so much fun to catch up and just hang out.

Fall came swiftly, and Tommy and I went to the CMA Awards and were sitting in the 2nd row! It was so much fun. In October, we celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary. We saw "Wicked," which has been on my "must do list" for a very long time. Here a few wedding photos below.

November was a pretty dramatic month for me. I was "jumped" by two girls in a bar who did not like my unsolicited opinion. I was not injured, and considered pressing charges, but it just wasn't worth it in the end. At least I made a report with the police department. Also, I learned to trust my instincts when it comes to friendships.

Soon, the holiday season arrived. Me and Tommy's most favorite time of the year. We spent Thanksgiving at Randy and Sandy's (my aunt and uncle) and my in law's house. After Thanksgiving, we immediately decorated the house with all of our Christmas decor.

I headed to Austin, Houston, and Beaumont the week before Christmas to visit family. Then, came back home and spent Christmas with family. Texas photos:

Me and Michelle at Eddie V's in Austin

Family Christmas Party

December was a life changer for us and we're so excited for what 2012 has in store.

I hope everyone had a great 2011! And no, I don't really have any New Year's resolutions. Just be myself, a wonderful wife, friend, and daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment