Monday, August 6, 2012

Another Week

I had my biophysical profile and OB check up this afternoon....and no induction this week! Madeline passed all of her testing again, and my fluids, placenta, etc. all look great. I'm 80% effaced, Madeline is engaged, and is getting herself ready. With that being said, she can still come on her own this week.

We went over the game plan again for next Monday....since it's the BIG ultrasound and it will determine c-section vs. induction, and what day I'll go. My OB said to plan on being induced next Monday night starting on Cervadil and they'll allow me to go home, then early Tuesday morning, I'll check back into the hospital and they'll start the remaining induction with Pitocin.

In the best case scenario, they'll let me go to next Thursday/Friday with the Cervadil/Pitocin routine, but no further. And, there's still the chance of the c-section, and immediately being induced after my ultrasound on Monday, depending on many factors.

Of course, the induction itself can always fail, resulting in a c-section. So, I'm curious to see how everything plays out. I'd like her to just decide to come on her own.

I also spoke with my doctor about how her pregnancy is progressing, and she said she doesn't predict herself going into labor within the next week. That definitely makes me feel better...at least if she's there on Monday's ultrasound to nail out the final details. I understand if someone else has to deliver.

Overall, I feel a lot better after today's appointment. There's just such a fine line on how far I'm allowed to go, and still wanting Madeline to stay in as long as she can, too. My OB reassured me that they are watching me like a hawk, as well as the high risk OBs, etc. and I'm in great hands.

I'm actually going to skip this Thursday's appointment, too. My OB gave me the option, but since Madeline is so active, I'm not worried about it. And, my OB said that if anything does change, or my contractions worsen, call and they'll fit me in asap. So, I feel pretty good.

I did have more pinching, zinging pains last night along with Braxton Hicks contractions, but not any real contractions. And, I got around 2-3 hours of sleep which is better than nothing.

I have a feeling I'm just going to be induced next Monday/Tuesday as my OB indicated. I could be wrong...I've been completely wrong thus far on arrival predictions.

I just know I'll be an official mommy by the end of next week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I am so bummed that it seems like everything is lining up for her to arrive when we are out of town, but then again I am glad she is doing so well! Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete