Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hallelujah!

I'm very excited to report that Madeline did not have any screaming fits last night, and only one the prior evening!!! Success! I'm still not getting much sleep, but hey, I'll take 3 hours over nothing.

Yesterday ended up being an extremely busy day. I had an OB check up in the morning, Madeline's pediatrician appointment (which also led to an hour trip to Target), along with our typical daily routine. It was nonstop. Plus, I took Madeline with me, so it was my first adventure out alone with her....and it was fine. I don't feel so confined now know that I can actually successfully take her out on my own.

She now weighs 5 lbs, 11 oz and is 19.5 inches long. Another great appointment. She also has been violently spitting up the past 2 days, so the doctor prescribed her Zantac (hence the Target run) and stated that it's probably due to reflux, which is also common during this age, and can explain her nightly screaming fits. She said to try it for a week, if there hasn't been any progress, then she's just crying just to cry. Plus, it will take a few days to really start working. I'm hoping it helps with the spit up. Anyway, she goes back to the pediatrician in 2 weeks, unless the spitting up continues, then they'll do an ultrasound late this week. Here's are two photos from yesterday:




She also lost her stump last night. And, her hair has significantly lightened since birth. It was dark brown, and now it's turning into a medium to light brown. I'm just hoping she doesn't get my natural hair color, which is an ugly ash color. Seriously, there isn't much color in it...it's not dark blonde, it's not light brown...it's just ugly ash.

I haven't lost any more weight since my last post. At the weight I'm currently at, I usually have to workout pretty hard and really watch my diet to get down where I want to be. So, still 6.5 lbs to go. I'm not sure if breastfeeding will help with the last pounds, since I haven't lost since my last post. I have lost 1 inch, so only 1 more inch to go, too. I was hoping to start walking this week, but I'm still way too sore, so maybe next week? I certainly hope so. I hate being inactive!


No comments:

Post a Comment