Sunday, August 12, 2012

This Is It!

Since my last post on Friday evening, I've been feeling much better. I'm still up at night with random contractions, but I have been able to get a few hours of sleep here and there. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable each day - the back pain is ridiculous by the end of the day. So much so that I'll just go to bed because it's so painful.

Yesterday, Tommy and I did enjoy our brunch outdoors at Vittles. I ordered lunch, he went with breakfast. Tommy made the better choice. Mine was just okay...but his pancakes were really yummy. Later in the afternoon, we headed over to my parent's house. My Dad smoked a pork loin, sausage, corn, and we had mashed potatoes and brownies for dessert. It was delicious and also my dinner plans for this evening. After dinner, we ventured into a furniture store to walk our food off, plus, Tommy is insisting that we need a new couch upstairs. Okay, I'll give him some credit, I've had that couch  for 7 years or so and it's not exactly great quality.

The couch he wants is literally the most comfortable couch I've ever sat on...even my parents agreed. But, we've got to wait to see these medical bills roll in for Madeline before we can even consider getting a new couch. At first, I wasn't on board with a new couch, but we literally spend 90% of our time in our bonus room...so it would be nice to at least be comfortable. Plus, our dining room is still empty. We need a dining room table, too! We're probably just going to have to wait awhile on both.


In other news, I finally got a new phone. I switched from a Droid X to the iPhone 4s. First, I will admit that I am not the most technologically advanced person, however, I do have a few gripes about the iPhone. In a phone, I just want the basics requirements nowadays: quality camera, apps, recorder, voice, email, text, music, internet, etc. I don't need anything super fancy. My one gripe about the camera is that it only allows you to directly upload to a few items. For instance, I cannot directly upload a photo to Facebook or Photobucket...I have to go into the app, then upload. I find it odd that I can directly upload to Twitter, but not Facebook. It's just an extra step that I'm not a fan of (my Droid allowed me to upload to any app directly from the camera). However, the camera is 10x better than my Droid, which was one reason why I wanted a new phone. My next complaint is the voicemail access. There's a voicemail tab under the the "phone" icon, however, you cannot directly dial to voicemail from the tab, it just shows you the phone number that left the voicemail. Just another annoying step, really. Overall, I like it, especially since it syncs with my iPad. Siri hasn't been super helpful just yet, but I haven't needed her assistance just yet, either. And, I had to post my new case. I understand it's a tacky and gaudy, but I love it.


Of course you know that tomorrow is the big appointment. My appointment will last around 2 hours, so I'll get done around Noon. They could send me immediately into labor and deliver or we'll schedule induction/c section for this week. However, Madeline will be arriving no later than Friday!!!

I'm posting my final 38 week belly photo! This is it!




No comments:

Post a Comment