Sunday, July 22, 2012

And we wait...

I was successful at my attempt at keeping myself busy this weekend. Yesterday, I was in full nesting mode. I tidied up the house, prepared Madeline's last minute items, and finished laundry. All in preparation just in case Madeline does arrive this week. Tommy and I also had dinner at Mere Bulles to celebrate his birthday, and well, it will probably be our last nice dinner for a very long time. Technically, I wasn't supposed to do anything because of my bed rest, but I'm glad I did. I have to prepare for everything, otherwise, I'd be a nervous wreck. I cannot stand having things in disarray. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a Type A control freak!

Today, I spent my time at my parent's house while Tommy went to watch sports with his friends. My car received a much needed in depth detail thanks to my Dad. It looks so much better! My mom and I hung out, went to lunch, and discussed the possibilities of the coming weeks.

I have been a little emotional today due to the fact that I'm just tired of being pregnant (I know that probably sounds awful and selfish). I want to be able to do normal activities again, eat normal food, workout, get my old body back, etc. Of course, I know when Madeline is here it's going to also take some time to get back in the swing of things. And, I'm anxious about tomorrow's appointment. I had a small meltdown this morning, but I'm doing okay.

I didn't get any sleep last night, so I'm really hoping tonight I can sleep well. Our appointment is at 9:50am and will most likely go until around Noon. In addition to the growth ultrasound, biophysical measurements, etc., I'm also having my remaining testing done early, cervical checks, etc. So, it's going to be a long appointment. Plus, my doctor will review the "short" report and give us a "game plan." If she doesn't need to be delivered this week, then they'll have a baseline now and give us a pretty good estimate of which week she'll come. And, I'll still have my weekly ultrasounds and NST appointments up until delivery. I'm excited to have more of an idea of what to expect after tomorrow's appointment. I can honestly say that I'm ready for her arrival.

I'll try to update on how our appointment goes tomorrow afternoon. If for some reason I don't update at all, then it's highly likely that I'm in labor. However, I think the induction/c section would be scheduled for another day this week....instead of immediately following my appointment. My gut is telling me she's going to be born on Wednesday, but I could be totally off on that. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment