Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Two Week Wait

Anyone who's ever tried to conceive understands what the dreaded 2 week wait is - the amount of time you need to wait before taking a pregnancy test. This time around, my two week wait is for an actual baby! I'm 36 weeks along, and getting excited and anxious! I don't think Madeline will need to be induced this week based on all of her testing, however, she could make an appearance on her own. I'm really hoping she decides to come on her own, though. I'm not going to do any at-home inducing techniques until I hit 37 weeks. I am going to try the raspberry leaf tea, exercise ball, pineapples, spicy foods. However, I doubt the pineapples and spicy foods will kick start labor. Why? Everything I cook has cayenne pepper in it, so my body is used to spicy foods. And pineapples have been a huge pregnancy craving for me. I might cheat and walk for a bit, too. We'll see. 

I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. I'm still dealing with back pain, exhaustion, headaches, and now more frequent contractions. Madeline is still very active, but her movements have drastically changed in the past few weeks since she's getting cramped in my belly. And, well, I have to pee every 15 minutes. Throughout my entire pregnancy, I've been drinking around 20 glasses of water per day. You'd think I was a camel. I'm thirsty at all times. I go through a glass of water every 30 minutes....which doesn't help with the trips to the bathroom!

36 Week Photo Op:


Not a huge change in the past 2 weeks since my last photo update. Madeline has dropped and my tummy is slightly larger.

My next appointment is late tomorrow morning, so I'll update my blog tomorrow afternoon. Again, I don't think I'll be induced this week, unless her testing changes tomorrow. I bet I make it until next week. My last OB appointment is on August 12th (38 Weeks, 1 Day), meaning, if they haven't had to induce me by then (or she hasn't arrived on her own), I'll go ahead and get on the schedule since they won't allow me to go any further than 38 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment