Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When it Rains...

It pours. Literally and figuratively speaking, that is. While yes, our drought has finally subsided with much needed rain over the past three days, it also poses a new issue. I say a new issue, because since the start of 2012, we've had problem after problem without a break. Anyway, I thought all of our "issues" were going to be done today since I had my new breaks and rotors installed on my car (after having to shell out $400 to have a window fixed, plus all new tires at an additional cost, medical bills, and many unforeseen home costs). But low and behold, I look upon our ceiling and find a leak. It seems that our two story living room is needing new flashing/sealant around the chimney. I called two roofing companies today, who still have not called me back to schedule the service appointment....and it's supposed to rain all week! ARG. Looks like I will be making a few additional calls in the morning and can hopefully get someone out asap. I'm praying that it's not going to be an expensive fix.

Plus, right now with all of our ultrasounds and stress tests, and the great possibility that Madeline will be in the NICU, our medical bills are about to start piling up. Yes, we have insurance, but it certainly doesn't cover 100%. It is what it is, and we'll just have to take it one day at a time.

In other news, I had my first "false alarm" last night. It's kind of a funny story, really. I'm going to share it even though it's totally TMI, but I don't care. After my bath yesterday evening, I started having horrible Braxton Hicks contractions. I assumed it was because I had been busy all day long - before I knew I was going to be put on bed rest - and proceeded with my usual night routine of cooking dinner. The contractions grew more frequently, more painful. I sat down, drank water...followed all the standard protocols for Braxton Hicks. Nothing helped. After dinner, I went up stairs, laid on the couch for about an hour...and no let up. They actually became more frequent, more painful. They felt like menstrual cramps and wrapped around my lower back. Tommy and I decided that I probably needed to call the on call doctor, who then told us to head to the hospital.

I quickly packed my bag, my adrenaline was up, and I was a little freaked out. Then, I had another "contraction" and immediately had some hot air come out of my back side...then burping. Hmm...could it be gas? Surely not. I walked around for a bit, and they were getting less frequent. Tommy put my bag in the car, and then, I thought...well....maybe it IS just gas? I decided to give it another 30 minutes or so to see what the deal is. Yep, definitely gas. A gas pocket must have been stuck near my pelvic region. Could you imagine...going to the ER for gas pain? LOL. Thankfully, that's all it was. And the culprit was a Sonic Strawberry Shake that I had the day before, that left my stomach unsettled. No more Sonic ice cream for me.

Sophie has also been unsettled the past few days. She's started to pace our catwalk overlooking our foyer/living area and randomly begin barking. What's even more strange, when I let her out to potty, she's been only peeing on our sidewalk. She'll poop in the grass...but refuses to pee in the grass. She even peed on the deck! I don't know what's up with her. I'm also hoping the transition and introduction of Madeline goes smoothly. She doesn't get jealous easily, but she has definitely played the role of my "baby" for the past years. She's an interesting character. She has severe separation anxiety while I'm away, but if I'm home, she is independent and enjoys her space. Hopefully, she'll start calming down and peeing in the grass again. What's up with that?

Because I cannot resist, here's my favorite photo of Sophie:

And Sophie watching me as I blog about her:

She's so freaking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment