Monday, July 2, 2012

OB Appointment Update

I just got back from my appointment! The good news is, Madeline is doing just fine right now in my belly. She's weighs around 3 lbs, 9 oz or 3.5lbs...give or take a little since ultrasounds can be off. All of her measurements came back normal, except for a small abdominal circumference, but she might just have a small waist like myself. And, we know that she's going to be a small baby. She's also measuring 45th percentile in height...so I have a feeling she'll be around 5'3 or so.

On the down side, the umbilical cord flow is abnormal and my belly is still measuring small. So, I go back next Wednesday for an ultrasound to get more in depth information on the umbilical flow, then another growth ultrasound in 3 weeks to see if she's able to grow appropriately in my belly.

If not, we'll have to have a c-section and deliver early. For now, we know that she's fine in my belly for the next couple of weeks, so that is definitely a relief. We really won't have more information until my next ultrasounds and monitoring. Right now, I don't have any cause for alarm. If she has to come early, she has to come early. I have a feeling this is going to be the case sometime around 36-38 weeks.

Here are a few photos from the 3d scan:

Ignore the hole near her left eye....it's not anything abnormal!



No comments:

Post a Comment