Friday, July 20, 2012

What a Night!

My goodness. Last night we had torrential downpours. Our power went out at 10:45pm and didn't come back on until late this morning. It literally poured all night long. And guess what? Our roofers were scheduled to come out and fix our leak first thing this morning, however, now it's gotten worse and we are going to have to file it on our insurance. A $250-$650 issue just turned into a $1,000 issue. Ugh. But, it is what it is. We have more drywall damage, and it's going to have to be replaced. So, I'm a little cranky today...I didn't fall asleep last night.

In other news, my appointment yesterday (NST) went well. Again, these appointments are just an extra precaution. They don't concern me since Madeline is so active, and that's basically what they are measuring. However, everything is hinging on Monday's growth ultrasound. My OB prepared me that she might be coming next week, and reassured me that she'll be in good care. I also lost 1.5 lbs. I feel bigger, but maybe not. My belly has dropped somewhat, and Madeline is making her descent downwards. Needless to say, we are very anxious for our appointment on Monday! Tommy decided to take the day off since it's his birthday and it's such a big appointment.

Yesterday, I was bored and decided to teach myself how to use a flat iron to curl my hair. First off, this has proven to be a difficult, awkward task. It took me awhile before I got the hang of it, but it actually turned out really well! My hair stayed put all day long - I just had to run my hands through the curls every now and then. And, it's still curly today. I will note that it is very important to use a straightening iron that has rounded edges. My Chi didn't work, so I used my 1 inch ceramic Hot Tools Nano.


This is totally random, but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Before pregnancy, I would get random breakouts. I always used products with salicylic acid (allergic to benzoyl peroxide) to help clear my skin. I had to change my skin care routine due to my pregnancy, and use chemical free face wash. I received my Clarisonic Mia for Christmas, and I started using Cetaphil's DermaControl Oil Control Face Wash (pregnancy safe). Since then, I haven't had a single break out. Sure, this could be due to my pregnancy hormones, but I really think all that time harsh chemicals were the cause of my pimples! I guess I'll really find out post partum. I highly recommend this product to everyone in combination of using the Clarisonic Mia. I use the Mia about 3x per week, and use the Cetaphil face wash every evening.

This week, my mom's been off of work before she begins her new job. It's been nice to have someone entertain me! We are going to one of my favorite lunch spots today, Puffy Muffin. I'm not sure what I'm going to be getting...everything is delicious.

As far as the weekend goes, I'm going to try to keep myself busy again. Saturday night, Tommy and I will go to dinner to celebrate his birthday, and other than that I have no idea what we'll do. I'm exhausted today, so I'd prefer to stay at home this evening and be a glutton on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment